Working at Bitfury
We develop and bring premium technology and solutions to bitcoin mining business by pushing the boundaries of science and technology. We are known for our state-of-the-art, best in class, and highest performance products in the industry.
Bitfury’s head office is located in The Netherlands having administrative offices in San Francisco, Washington D.C., Hong Kong, London and Amsterdam and Operational Data Centers in Iceland, Georgia and Canada.
We are leading company in the field and with fast growing business that provides great opportunities for building international career and developing organizational practice and field expertise
Finance Specialist, a key member of the Finance team based in Tbilisi, Georgia
Reporting to the Financial Controller this position will support multiple projects both at a local and global level.
The successful candidate needs to be able to work as easily within a team as they do on solo projects, having excellent all-round communications skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Be part of the global finance team based in Tbilisi and play key role in running accounting processes across the group
- Be responsible for various accounting tasks such as preparation of monthly journal entries, invoices, fixed asset ledger, etc. in compliance with IFRS and internal guidelines
- Review account balances to ensure consistency of coding in accordance with company standards
- Take active part in month/year close process through thorough review of IS and BS by subsidiary and by Department
- Run reconciliation of key accounts and prepare monthly/yearly reconciliation documentation in compliance with control procedures,follow up on open items
- Actively support audit process by providing requested information to auditors on a timely basis
- Assist Finance team and Controller with ad hoc requests
- Be proactive, flexible and adaptable to a varied, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- A minimum of 2 years post-qualified work experience
- Professional accountancy qualification i.e. ACCA, CIMA, ACA (or equivalent) is an advantage
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experienced with ERP systems
- Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP is an advantage
- Strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture;
- Self-sufficient, with hands-on nature;
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with different cultures and mind-sets;
- Appreciation to work in a global organization with employees in different time zones/regions;
- Flexibility, the need to be comfortable with ambiguity as the business grows and evolves;
Location and working conditions
Based in Tbilisi, Georgia
National/international travel required